Be Disclaimed

"It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge."
Enrico Fermi

May 06, 2006

Readers Topics

Here we are with a couple of topics as chosen by you the humble readers....all 3 of you. :D

Anyhow...

Mrs Aginoth suggests a "my solution to....." series....

Part 1 - The Pensions crisis.....don't do pensions.....find out how much a pension payment is and put that amount in a separate bank account providing guaranteed money at the end of the day....plus an amount of interest I suppose. I really wouldn't know how to deal with those that have nothing after paying in for many years.....I suspect the companies will do what they can to avoid paying up.

Alternatively we could ask all those public sector workers to give their pensions to those that provided it....i.e. the taxpayer. Pay into your own pensions for once.

*Ponders whether a wholesale reform of the benefits system would be in order....the difference to provide for those whose pensions have disappeared.* It would only be a short term solution, with the plus points being that once the deficit pensions are covered, there would be a significant reduction in benefit system fraud., and the money could be provided on services.

Part 2 - The NHS....I suspect a layer of management...perhaps even 2 could be removed. Instant cash for all the stuff like beds, equipment etc. Any NHS readers able to give their view on that? It's simplistic I know...but I'm sure an element of Occam's (Ockham's is the alternative spelling) Razor surely applies to both suggestions.

Pardon? Oh yes, William of Ockham put forward the following attributed comment:

"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

or

"Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity"

also posited by Isaac Newton as:

"We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances."

...which I suspect comes down to the KISS rule...Keep It Simple Stupid.

Mad Dog asks about the new England manager...why I have no idea. Personally I couldn't care less who is manager as long as England win a championship for once. If the manager happens to be English, it's a happy bonus.

If we're on about records, then Sven is hardly convincing is he? By record, I'm talking trophies....and no, we haven't got one. After all they keep going on about 1966....ffs it's 40 years ago......I wouldn't be too proud of that one....the players now are working professionals....

To be honest, I say don't use Premiership players....they get bucketloads of money and don't perform....why not make it performance related...(win, get paid; lose, you pay into the coffers the same amount)?

I suggest using the division below...I think it's the Coca Cola Championship lot....(I wish we still had the old divisions...1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and then the rest...I get confused with the current naming system). After all, I suspect they would be well chuffed to play for their country....might play to the top of their ability as a result...lets face it if there can be upsets in the FA Cup, surely there can be in the World Cup.

As for the other comment on Haloscan centering text....well that is what this particular template does.

Tololy asks about whether my blog is primarily politics and news based....answer...no, it just happens to be what is annoying me at the moment. Personal entries don't interest me...sad but true.

That ends this weeks trial run...please feel free to comment or make suggestions...next Friday I will open up for suggestions once again for the Saturday ramble.

Thanks for stopping by...please come again!

Comment by Haloscan:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger Juggling Mother said to The MuppetLord...

Ahh a simple solution to the NHS budget problems: sack som of the many, many , many, managers. Now why hasn't the gov't thought of that?

Ahhh, because they're the ones that hired all the managers instead of dr's & nurses in the first place!

I mean, I'm all for good management & believe that it can lead to financial benifits. But surely the measure of a good manager is that they can manage many people. There really shouldn't be more managers than managed!

May 07, 2006 7:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home