Be Disclaimed

"It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge."
Enrico Fermi

November 06, 2005

Various items

Now, I don't know about you, but if you want a voice, you don't smash the hell out of the place where you live.... This is not going to get you any favours or indeed any respect. Attacking the police, stockpiling petrol bombs, is generally a bad move. Muslims are doing themselves a huge disservice by allowing this to continue.

Unless they want it to continue.....

Honour killings are a disgrace whichever country they are commited in.

Update 7/11 : A journalists view. Also on the twelfth night of violence, the first death.

Update 8/11 : I mentioned Muslims in my initial comments, and I should state that this is an assumption based on the news reports. The comment from Dominique de Villepin to question of who was causing the violence, was that it was being done by 'rioting youths, many of whom are children of Muslim immigrants from Africa'.

Thanks to Tololy for mentioning this.

Comment by Haloscan:

|

7 Comments:

Blogger Cerebralwaste said to The MuppetLord...

Puremood

Yeah WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL is wrong with these "people"? Trust me it was hard to type the word people. What bothers me even more is tha lack of voices condeming this behavior from other Muslims. At least I haven't seen it. Can someone point me in that direction?

November 07, 2005 8:16 pm  
Blogger MuppetLord said to The MuppetLord...

Puremood - no idea.

Cerebral - I haven't seen anything yet...I'll post as and when I find anything.

November 08, 2005 12:10 am  
Blogger Tololy said to The MuppetLord...

Pardon my ignorance but what ties are there linking Muslims to the Paris events? I have followed the links you provided,muppetlord, in your entry and I somehow failed to see indications pointing to the direction of Muslims being the cause of the riots.

Being a Muslim myself, I do not approve of violence. And observing how matters are dealt with, I pretty much find that Muslims are being blamed for a host of problems that they possibly had nothing to do with,or less to do with than others.
Perhaps that has become a trend these days, yes sir, blame it on the Muslims.

Indeed I cannot tell of "who" is actually behind the riots but I think it absurd and a bit hasty even to be absolutely sure that all participants in the much-condemned happenings in Paris are in actual fact Muslims.

On the note asking to see what Muslims have said, I looked it up and this is what I found.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/06/france.riots.fatwa.reut/

I urge all to resort to objectivity and to research matters before passing judgments. Kindly point out clearly where in the articles you have linked to are Muslims mentioned. I would like to learn, and I do seek the truth,if ever one existed, just as you do.

November 08, 2005 10:49 am  
Blogger MuppetLord said to The MuppetLord...

Oh, I see your point Tololy.

I believe the linking to Muslim youth is because of the estates from where the violence has originated..see here and here for example.

Here is a French article which may shed some light...I think..my French is a little shaky.

November 08, 2005 11:37 am  
Blogger Merys said to The MuppetLord...

come on then Mr Muppet - why don't you have msn messenger??

November 08, 2005 12:36 pm  
Blogger MuppetLord said to The MuppetLord...

I don't have MSN. :D

November 08, 2005 1:05 pm  
Blogger MuppetLord said to The MuppetLord...

Tololy, this might help.

Courtesy The Religious Policeman.

November 08, 2005 5:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home