Be Disclaimed

"It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge."
Enrico Fermi

November 15, 2005

Comedy?

Ok...so will someone tell me why Little Britain is plastered over loads of papers and magazines? They are rubbish, and should never have managed to get on BBC3 in the first place, let alone being anywhere near BBC1.

Lenny Henry on a bad day is still several times funnier than Little Britain on a 'good day'.

Peter Kay is occasionally amusing. It isn't consistent enough for me to say 'yes, Peter Kay is funny'.

The Office? Please...nothing Ricky Gervais has done is any good. I didn't watch Extras either.

Royle Family? I couldn't watch more than a couple of minutes of it...and that was still far too much.

I have spent time in the US...I liked the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. I laughed so hard I ended up coughing. Seinfeld?? Pardon? This is comedy?

I'm sorry, there is a load of rubbish out there being touted as 'funny', and quite frankly it doesn't hit the funny bone at all.

The stuff I like : Blackadder, The Goon Show, Thin Blue Line, Dinnerladies, The Navy Lark, Ab Fab, Dennis Leary etc. There are probably more....I'll post them when I remember.

What do you like? Also, am I wrong about Little Britain or not?

On a side link, what happened to Saturday night telly? Sodding X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing and other puerile entertainment. What happened to showing decent movies? I don't mean showing the same ones over and over again (BBC). There are only so many times you can watch Armageddon.

Oh and while I'm on that thread, what is with putting the news in the middle of a film? Do it at the beginning or the end. Don't do it half way through and with the full programme. five do it properly...little 5 minute headlines then back to the film.

Comment by Haloscan:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger MuppetLord said to The MuppetLord...

No worries....you're not missing much.

November 18, 2005 4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home