Be Disclaimed

"It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge."
Enrico Fermi

April 04, 2005

News

Right, I have decided to make comment. Yes, the Pope has died....but he is only a man. I am not Catholic so I don't particularly care about what happens next...I presume a new Pope. However, what annoys me is the constant coverage in the media....last time I checked the UK is an Anglican country, not Catholic.

An additional annoyance is why apparently Charles and Camilla should postpone their wedding because it is on Friday. I'm sorry? Their wedding was planned, and should not be affected by something that isn't relevant. I am particularly incredulous at the vitriol that has been aimed at Charles and Camilla by the general public and the press. You wouldn't have thought that 2 divorcees could get married in the UK if they wanted to.

Perhaps the press is just getting a little carried away with their position. A little reality check if you please. Especially as apparently there were bombs set off in Lebanon and Thailand, as well as continuing attacks in Iraq. Is this not worthy of news coverage?

Oh well, end of rant.

Comment by Haloscan:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home