Be Disclaimed

"It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge."
Enrico Fermi

December 19, 2005

News Reports

Hmm...the first gay marriage in Northern Ireland. My question is why? Why should they have the same rights as a married couple? I'm not against gays (I hate that word) having a relationship, I just don't understand why they deserve more rights than an unmarried heterosexual couple.

Hospitals....clean, sterile environments yes? Well not in
this case...and that was intensive care.

His Toniness has been
defending giving away over £7 billion to Europe. I think he needs to explain why the decision was made, especially without bothering to inform the general public.

I am not quite sure what the problem is over
spying in the USA. I would expect that the security services would be investigating suspicious people on a regular basis...why this should vex people so much is beyond me. Maybe it's because I'm British, we have different ideas I suppose.

Iran is
banning Western music from its radio stations. Oh well.

On lighter notes...sort of...

Santa's on the
rampage! That is when not being a flasher.
A police officer is
arresting too many people. Pardon? I thought that is what the police do.

John Prescott
comments on education....and shows his prejudices.

That'll do for now....long post being created.

Comment by Haloscan:

|

2 Comments:

Blogger T-Ra said to The MuppetLord...

It's not that gay people deserve more rights than an unmarried heterosexual couple, they deserve to have the same opportunities as heterosexuals. That means having the ability to marry and have the same rights as a married heterosexual couple. Allowing gay people to marry is a recognition that they are equal, not second-class citizens. It is a recognition that their relationship is meaningful and allows for the benefits that other married couples get, such as sharing health benefits and having all the rights of a spouse.

My question would be, why shouldn't they have the same rights as a heterosexual couple?

Thanks for at least leaving the issue open to discussion.

Cheers.

December 19, 2005 9:57 pm  
Blogger Me said to The MuppetLord...

Iran is just doing what the Western world should have done years ago. Let's face it, most Western music (modern) sucks.

December 20, 2005 4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home