Be Disclaimed

"It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge."
Enrico Fermi

March 25, 2006

Hmm

Well, well, well....it appears that not only are the 3 rescued hostages not thanking their rescuers, but they are refusing to provide information that could help. Well, if they go back, stuff them, they shouldn't be on a list of people that need rescuing.

If I was daft enough to go to a warzone and get captured, then upon my release I would be buying several cases of beer to give to my rescuers, and I would also be providing as much information as possible.

I can only think of two appropriate words....ungrateful bastards.

Simon Heffer has a pertinent
suggestion...

"Given his refusal to co-operate with his rescuers, they should immediately invoice him for services rendered - or even send the ungrateful old fool back to his captors."

Simon Heffer also comments....'
Even the French don't deserve Chirac'.

Charles Moore has an interesting couple of things to say about
Jack Straw....namely he is a man of straw when it comes to Muslims.

Image © Daily Telegraph 25/3/06
Image Copyright Daily Telegraph 25th March 2006

Talking of the Labour Party....and corruption....
mud tends to stick....end the piece ends with the following appropriate words..

"Sadly, though, the whole political system, not just Labour, is being tarnished. That is Mr Blair's legacy, and his country's tragedy."

Harriet Harmon has been
gagged. I wonder if it is because her husband, Labour Party Treasurer Jack Dromey, questioned the Party about the loans?

Of course Tony can
do no wrong.

Isn't it about time the Labour Party were removed from power?


Update :

Text of Norman Kember's statement:

"Is the reporter who invented the headline 'Storming Norman' present? No? Then we'll proceed.

There is a real sense in which you are interviewing the wrong person.

It is the ordinary people of Iraq that you should be talking to - the people who have suffered so much over many years and still await the stable and just society that they deserve. Another group that I hope you do not forget are the relatives of British soldiers killed or wounded in Iraq. I do not believe that a lasting peace is achieved by armed force, but I pay tribute to their courage and thank those who played a part in my release.

I am not ready at this time to talk about my months of captivity except to say that I am delighted to be free and reunited with my family. In reality it was my wife who was kidnapped last November. She suffered more than I because while I knew that I was alive and well, she did not.

I thank all who supported Pat during this stressful time. While in Baghdad we had opportunity to thank the Embassy staff who worked so diligently for our release. I now thank the staff in Britain who also dedicated so much time to the same.

Then I am grateful to all those from many faith communities who appealed for my release and held prayers and vigils in my name. Pat assures me that I will be overwhelmed by the volume of goodwill messages - our home is currently like a flower shop.

I thank the media for agreeing to share news and reduce the stress on me. I now need to reflect on my experience - was I foolhardy or rational? - and also to enjoy freedom in peace and quiet.

Thank you.
"

Hmm...does that seem a little bit forced to you? Oh well, as long as the troops don't have to rescue more peace activists.

Random Comment:

Did you know the Muppets are 50 years old?

Stupidly late edit : Clocks go forward at whatever time in the morning.
That's right it's going to be British Summer Time.

ADJUST THOSE CLOCKS

Comment by Haloscan:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home