Be Disclaimed

"It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge."
Enrico Fermi

September 28, 2005

Tech

This is a bit of a different post. It is a query really....what technology do you use?

I was thinking about the equipment I use and how it relates to what is out there.

I use a computer....which is fairly obvious considering I write this blog. I don't have a flashy speaker system to go with it, just a basic set of plug-ins. Printer/scanner....and that's your lot. I barely have a CD-ROM drive....don't even ask about floppy drive.

I have a stereo with a CD player and tape deck. I have a CD walkman that I don't use much now. I don't have an mp3 player of any kind.


er...what else? I have a small TV and a VHS player...no DVD's.

Does this mean I am backward?

I don't hanker after an iPod of any form, although I am interested in getting an mp3 player of some sort....mainly when they get large enough for a decent collection, and not at rip-off prices.

I don't have any games consoles, although I want a PS2. Apart from Halo, what is better or X-Box only which would stop me from getting a PS2? Perhaps I should wait for the PS3?

I have a mobile (cellphone for US readers), but only as pay-as-you-go....I don't see the point of forking out lots of money so I can have a phone that is obsolete in 3 months. I have a perfectly good phone that should last a year or so....then I can upgrade to something flashier.

What about blogs that are read? Well, all the ones I have read are due to that button on the right hand side at the top...and then from links on people's blogs. I have looked at the so-called 'popular' blogs and don't see the point of them. They are either unreadable due to a poxy layout or content provided, or of no interest subject-wise.

All the links that I use are regular reads.....and eventually I put some more on as and when I feel they are good enough to refer to people.

Am I snobbish or just not cool enough? Personally, stuff cool, I like being me. Let me know what you think.

Comment by Haloscan:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger MuppetLord said to The MuppetLord...

Cool...it isn't just me then.

September 28, 2005 10:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home