Be Disclaimed

"It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge."
Enrico Fermi

February 28, 2005

Weather

ok....so I haven't seen any snow here. So why is everyone talking about mini ice ages? I hardly count 1-2 feet of snow to be particularly deep. Lets face it, Scotland and Wales get deeper than that on a regular basis. Meanwhile.....

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that we seem to be having a fair few natural disasters this year? Avalanches in Kashmir, flooding in California, earthquakes in Iran. No doubt there are a few that I have forgotten....if I'm wrong...sorry!

Then of course there is the global warming....anyone else hot? Personally I think it is quite cool thanks. 1-5 centigrade isn't cold compared to Canada and Siberia I know, but Key West is in the high 20's centigrade. Not fair. For all of you in Key West having a drink...get a decent beer!! Do not, do not, do not drink Bud. Get something decent down you...like Guinness (I sense a beer post sometime in the future).


Further to the weather, here we are Monday morning....and they are talking about 'treacherous conditions' and 'bitterly cold temperatures'. Pardon? I am wearing short sleeves, and my jacket unzipped. If it was that cold, I would have a woolly hat and gloves on...as well as my jacket zipped all the way to the top.

I think the forecasters are getting a little carried away with their predictions....perhaps a reality check is in hand. Oh, I know, it is probably because it is cold in London....that's what the problem is.

Comment by Haloscan:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home